The Flint Tower:
constructed as a novelty windmill around 1900. (see Sussex Mills Group Newsletter #130, April 2006)
The Flint Tower
Built in the early 20th century as a play house by the owner of The Dene before the garden was acquired
to become the present car park. There was a mill on this site in the 17th and 19th centuries
and the tower may have used flints salvaged from the earlier structure.