planned in the 1960's as a new dummy mill body to house the transplanted machinery from Jolesfield mill.
However this was never installed, and over many years the real mill remnants mostly simply rotted away outside.
The mock mill instead had some dummy sails attached, but even they are long gone.
The Jolesfield remains were recovered by the Sussex Mills group in 2004, and placed on proper display at
Lowfield Heath mill.
The Jolesfield windmill was bought by Nevvar Hickmet, owner of Gatwick Manor, in August 1959.
The windmill, built in 1790, was dismantled from its site in Littleworth near Partridge Green
and re-erected at Gatwick Manor, where it stands today.
It is reputed that the windmill was never restored to working order as its total height with sails
would be 50ft and thus interfere with air traffic. The equipment was put on display on the grounds
in front of the windmill.