Old Dutch Mill
Built in 1879 twelve miles north of Wamego by a Dutch immigrant, this old mill was used to grind grain
into flour and cornmeal. In 1925 thirty-five team and wagons moved the mill to Wamego. Each stone was taken down
numbered and rebuilt exactly as the original. A bust of Ceres, Goddess of grain is set above the window. The mill
is twenty five feet in diameter and forty feet high. Wind power has been replaced by electricity to provide a
monument in action to Kansas pioneers.