Windmills of South Dakota

Milbank (#us66)

smock mill : restored to working order 2008

Built 1882 by Henry Holland but only worked for a few years. Moved 1912 to a city park. Moved again in 1978 when it was given to the Milbank Mutual Insurance Company, where it acted as the town's visitor centre. Moved again, just 100 metres, probably in the early 2000s to a position nearer the road.

[info] [info] [photo] [StreetView]

Entries in photo archives:
Flickr images are copyright their individual photographers.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.

[Windmills] [Watermills] [Bookshop] [News] [Site map] :

Last updated 03/03/2017 Text and images © Mark Berry, 1997-2017 -