Map/aerial photo of the area around the mill
- converted into observation tower
This windmill dates back to 1798 when it was built by Lord Melbourne at a cost of £250 to mill grain.
It was a 'Tower' windmill and would have had a domed top (with sails attached) revolving to take
advantage of the wind direction.
By the late 19th century it became derelict and although there was an attempt to turn it into an
observation tower the building proved unsuitable and the conversion was never completed.